Saturday, March 17, 2012

Strawberry Chiffon Cake

After venture my 1st pumpkin chiffon cake, intended to bake for another one. Coincidentally Laikiat brought us the strawberries and he said strawberry season will be over soon. I am thinking, we got to do something with it in this strawberry season. Strawberry chiffon cake? Since chiffon cake is best make with fruitiness taste. And I found this recipe. :-) The recipe is meant for 6 eggs, but I reduced the ingredient to 5 eggs to suit my 20cm mould, also reduced the sugar of it. Half way of the process kids stolen the strawberries and also drank little of the strawberry juice. Frankly speaking I am not sure how much strawberries left in the ingredients. At first I thought the strawberries cake will be in red color, but the magic turns it out to something else. I really thinking to get a nice picture of our experiment, somehow when I trying to capture some of the picture… the kids was faster than me to prey on their tea time food. ><" So this is the only I can get and HERE WE GO!!!
Ethan : "Mummy, this looks like a flowers!"
I wondered what flowers we have? It should be strawberry indeed. When I look in the bowl....


Add in the nice redly strawberry juice in the egg yolk batter










Original recipe for 6 eggs recipe – 22cm to 23cm tin
-          200g strawberries
-           6 egg yolks
-          60ml cooking oil (I used olive oil)
-          50g caster sugar
-          1tbsp strawberry jam
-          120g plain flour

Egg white foam
-          6 egg whites
-          1/2tsp cream of tartar
-          100g caster sugar


I go with the 5 eggs recipe – 20cm tin
Egg yolk batter
-          160g strawberries
-           5 egg yolks
-          50ml cooking oil (I used olive oil)
-          30g caster sugar
-          1tbsp strawberry jam
-          100g plain flour

Egg white foam
-          5 egg whites
-          1/4tsp cream of tartar
-          50g caster sugar


2 comments:

  1. 是弟弟的生日吗?你是不是把所有的烘焙器具都带到日本去?味道如何?有草莓的味道吗?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) not his birthday, we blow the candle for their fun. I bring some of the utensil here and bought some here too. :P

      The strawberries taste didn't as that strong. Just like the pumpkin cake, the taste doesn't as expected strong. Somehow has the aroma of it. This strawberry chiffon is quite expensive as raw material is costly. :(

      Delete