Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Joseph, Mary and "......."

We have finished playing our bible story in Old Testament, and now we start on the first book of New Testament – “Matthew”. First story of New Testament – Mary and the Angel.
Ethan looks so excited when he know today we going to play on this story. As usually, we read our story line and then we will act like the story.
Mummy : “Ok boys, what you want to be on this story?”
Ethan shouting and so excited, he said: “I want to be the DONKEY!!!”
Mummy : “Donkey???”
Ethan : “Yes, the donkey carrying Mary to Bethlehem.”

In the story line, Joseph and Mary need to go to his own town to register themselves and during that time Mary was expecting a child. Therefore, Mary can’t walk that far and she was ride on the donkey.
 
Mummy : “Why you want to be the donkey?” as I thought Ethan will volunteer himself either to be the Joseph or maybe Mary, maybe.
Ethan : “I want to be hardworking like the Donkey. He is working so hard to carry Mary to Barthelme.”


This answer surprised me and giving me a thought in mind. For me, I never thought of want to be the donkey if I could be in the scene. What so good and special about a donkey? I never thought of that before. But today, Ethan teaches me about this. In life, it needs different roles of people to carry out the unique work.  Everybody is unique and everyone is special. A donkey role is to bring Mary to Bethlehem.  I believe the donkey clearly know what it needs to do; even though it didn’t know the way to Bethlehem. It just needs to carry Mary, follow Joseph and GO! God will guide our daily step and He promise He will make the way.

....
The conversation continue...

Ethan : "Mummy, you be the Mary lah?"
Mummy : "Why me?"
Ethan : "我很喜欢看你肚子fat fat 的喔!我很喜欢看你生baby."

Ever since I pregnant for Egracia, Ethan always like to ask about pregnancy thingy. As he wish, I pretending put Egracia inside my cloth. He is so happy and said. "Hurry up, I carry you." and then I pretend my stomach pain and is time to deliver the baby. They were so happy and requested me laying down and delivering my baby Jesus Egracia. >_<"

2 comments: