Monday, March 5, 2012

Finally a Square one

I have a really square bread mould, but I always can't get into really square shape bread. Either it turn out like a mushroom head, else it become a mountain top. Finally today I managed to get a really kind of square shape bread. Emmm... but I still not so sure what exactly the clue to get it right. What I have done for today is, prove the dough for 2 times (40 minutes for each time), second proving was shaped the big roll and settle in the bread mould. Another trial was increased the flour weight up to 300g of height protein flour. Probably both are equally important to make this bread really fit into a really square one. hmm...I should try it out again to make sure about the step.

Mummy : "Ethan, look at this is a square one"
Ethan : "Mummy, this is a rectangle shape leh... not the square one..."
Mummy : "Hmmm... ok. But it still has 2 sides of square surface."
Ethan : "Huh!! Yeah hoh... this is funny!"

Mummy was thinking in the heart - 'yeah, this is really funny... catching my word... and looks like now I don't really know what is square and what is rectangle' ><"



Ingredients :
First mix all the dry ingredient -
300g bread flour
50g Rye flour
15g sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Secondly add in -
1tsp honey
230ml cold water

Lastly knead to for a smooth, elastic dough. Then Add in sesame.
15g butter

Prove for 40 minutes with 40c. Bake at 200c for ~30mins. DONE.


No comments:

Post a Comment