Thursday, March 1, 2012

满溢-overflows

As usual after the morning breakfast is our bible reading and play time. Today our bible reading is on Psalm chapter 23.

Mummy : "Close your eye, I am gonna to read you the story"
Ethan and Emmanuel try to cover their eyes with hands but still peek on each other. I was holding Egracia and read them the versus.
Mummy : "What word did you hear from the story???"
Ethan said :"car!"
Mummy :"Where got car in the versus oh???!!!"
Ethan : "有啊,the car just passed by!"
Emmanuel : "Motorbike"
Mummy : >_<"
Mummy : "Listen carefully, please...." and I read again the versus and explain about its meaning.
Mummy : "Lets bring your cup with me, and we going to take bath now..."
Ethan : "I don't want to take bath, it still early now.. I want to play"
Mummy : "Didi's cloth is dirty and mei-mei need to take her bath too. If you follow me, I will show you all about an experiment of overflows."
Suddenly the boys are so excited about the word "experiment". No more hassle, they like the duckling following to the bath room.

"overflows - 满溢"

Once upon the time, a boy plays at the park and he saw another boy having a nice food in the bento box. And the boy thinks why this boy can have nice and special bento box. Then when he walks by, he saw another boy playing new iphone game. Lastly he reached the school and he saw his friend that sits beside him has a nice big beautiful pencil. The boy heart feels so jealous and he thinks. Why my mom only cooks me the simple fish porridge and always asks me to drink fruit juice in the morning. My daddy iphone game only can play for 10 minutes and yet I only have a pencil to write. Why can’t I have all that others are having?
When sharing about the story, each of the “why” the boy is wondering about and make the water in the cup lesser and lesser.
Looking at Ethan and Emmanuel they seems can understand and yet very worry about the overflows water getting lesser and lesser.
Mummy : “See the cup is empty! And why it become empty?”
Emmanuel : “I don’t know…”
Ethan : “Because he is sad”
Mummy : “Yes, because each time the boy think that he has nothing, the love in his heart will be reduced. Let’s try this one.”
I just have the fish porridge and the fruit juice that mom cooked. So good I have all the vitamin and protein.  The water in the cup is filled a little. I can play only 10 minutes of the iphone game is because daddy wants to protect my eye to wear spectacle. The water in the cup is filled a little. Wao, I can write with my pencil and I have use it to draw the different picture too!!!
Mummy : “Look at the cup! The water is full!” “Are you happy???”
Ethan and Emmanuel : “Yes!”
Mummy : “See the water is overflows! It just like the love of God is dwelling in our heart. “
By this, Ethan, Emmanuel, Egracia have finish the bath and the story together. A home made story. Not a perfect one, but hope it will still able to fill the kids heart.

耶和华是我的牧者,我必不至缺乏。 
他使我躺卧在青草地上,领我在可安歇的水边;
他使我的灵魂苏醒,为自己的名引导我走义路.
我虽然行过死阴的幽谷,也不怕遭害,
因为你与我同在;你的杖、你的竿,都安慰我。 
在我敌人面前,你为我摆设筵席;
你用油膏了我的头,使我的福杯满溢。 
我一生一世必有恩惠慈爱随着我,
我且要住在耶和华的殿中,直到永远。
(诗篇23)

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,  for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
(Psalm 23)

1 comment:

  1. Love it so much of this home made story..will try to tell my kids.thanks!

    ReplyDelete