Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Carrots Bread


Ever since the radioactive issue occurred on 311 earthquakes, we always carefully selecting raw food produced in Japan. We will not buy or try to avoid food come from the prefecture near Sendai and Fukushima. Last week, there have carrots grow from south area, so I bought 6 for this week. Carrots selling here is always very fresh and sweet. When I cut the carrots, I can feel the fresh chopping sound of it. Fukushima is the place used to produce a lot of rice and organic fruits and vegetables. What a waste, the land is permanently contaminated. Recently the rare-earth plant issue are heated in our homeland.  I really can’t imagine what will be the future for now. I really pity the land, I pity the decision has made which will make our future uncertain.  L sigh..
Ok, carrots I have…. Carrots bread.  Not a very strong carrot taste but the little salty of it nice to be a sandwich of the day. I like the yellowish colour. Laikiat asked :”Are we all in yellow for this week?”  If I can make it, I prefer all in green and “GO GREEN”; safe our next generation; No Lynas please….


Carrots Bread Ingredients
(A)
400g Breadflour (high protein flour)
100g plain flour
25g sugar
1 1/4 tsps salt
1 tbsp Milk powder
~10g instant yeast

(B)
210ml cold water
100ml fresh carrot juice (cold fresh one will be able to get a better proofing result)

(c)
1/2 tbsp Honey

(D)
40g shortening

(E)
60g finely chopped carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment