Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Tick-Tack sound that bring the Time away

For the beginning of the year, we thought of learning somethings that important for us to live for each day. The smallest unit to count for the day and go for the years ahead.. This Tick-Tack sound that bring something into our life and also taking away the time from us.

We start our story with the following, and drawing a big cycle....
tick-tack-tick-tack "duiaooooo", tick-tack-tick-tack "duiaooooo", tick-tack-tick-tack "Trinnnng"
tick-tack-tick-tack "duiaooooo", tick-tack-tick-tack "duiaooooo", tick-tack-tick-tack "Siiiiiiiiing"
tick-tack-tick-tack "duiaooooo", tick-tack-tick-tack "duiaooooo", tick-tack-tick-tack "knight"
tick-tack-tick-tack "duiaooooo", tick-tack-tick-tack "duiaooooo", tick-tack-tick-tack "DUAOOOOOO"

Mummy : "Can anyone tells me, what is this story about?"
Ethan : "CLOCK!"

Ethan always like the funny sound. He likes to talk and hear those gibberish sound... He is very interested with each of the sound made. 

Mummy : "So what those the Trinnnnng sound means?
Ethan : "is Three!"
Mummy : "What about the Siiiiiiiiing?
Ethan : "is Six"
Ethan : "I know this is Nine and Twelve!"

It seems the sound effect bring the effect! These 2 boys learning seems to me, they can't go with those kind of sit still learning. Is better they can jump, they can make fun with it, the best is they could bring in the ultra ma- and transformers together in their learning books. Sometime I feel it kind of contradict to what are in my mind to teach them, but without fun in learning, that can be very bore for these 2 little boys. 

Choose the easier banana cake that can form the shape nicely. Not the soft and fluffy type of cake, but a sweet and more firming surface for them to draw. The only different of the cake method is to melt the butter and the sugar together, just beat the egg in once. Mix in all the ingredients and ready to bake. 




I always like to see the little fingers of them.... fat, tiny one...






Mummy : "Dear boys, lets write the 3, 6, 9, 12... to form the quarter. Then fills in the rest of the number..."
Ethan : "Mummy, I can't wait anymore, can I eat now???"
Mummy : "Just a little bit more...."
Ethan : "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I want to eat a quarter of cake!"
Mummy : "So means you going to eat 15 minutes?!"
Emmanuel : "I just want to eat 5 minutes!"
Ethan : "No... u eat 1 minute!"
Emmanuel : "Mummy, gogo doesn't want to give me eat 5 minutes!"
Mummy : "ok, I will take away his time!"
Ethan : "sorry... sorry....I just kidding!"

And so Ethan ate 45 minutes altogether. Emmanuel ate 5 minutes and I ate a quarter of 15 minutes. 
.................










頑張って (Ganbatte)!

4 comments:

  1. really cute way of teaching.. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking it...
      I hope the kids at home like it too.

      Delete
  2. I like your idea very much.... It's fun fun fun, I try to do this kind of idea with my children next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue Lee, want to ask you about your girl...

      how your girl learning style? Is they willing to sit still and really listen? Is that when they do their coloring, they really color it nicely?

      Delete