Monday, January 14, 2013

Little Snowmen on the Day

Today is Japan's holiday "成人の日(せいじんのひ)". For those whom full 20 years old will be given a certificate, denote they are now as a grown-up, they have obligation to take care of oneself, family, society and right to vote! Looking at the 3 EEE at home, soon they will be growing up too. I always feel that, when I am so busy with the house chores or anything else, they are growing up just as slip through the fingers of the time. Never have a sign of slowing down to wait for me at all. Ethan is 6 this year. Soon he will be 7. Should I continue homeschooling him? Should it be the last year for his journey being home-school? I really never think before I could be with him for this long as in his preschool age. Once I let go my career and opted be with them at home, out of sudden it seems I have out control on my life. Somehow the journey of experiencing the grace has started. It just like a miracle happened when there are no expectation out of it. I counted those as a blessing through my life journey, through God's grace.

Today no school at home, we declare it as school holiday. That is the benefit of being homeschooling; go with the weather, "it is snowing out there"!!! The very first snow fall on this year, relatively heavier than last year. It just about 2 hours of snow, it already piles up high. The most happy are the kids that they can play snow. They have been waiting for this day to come ever since we counted the winter is here. Geographically standpoint of Tokyo city is blocked by those high mountains, indeed it rarely snow compare to other prefectures in Japan, but it is very dry during winter. The coming month will be the coldest month in Japan. However, we going to escape 2 weeks out of it to explore the warmer day!
 
 













********************** A year ago, 20-Jan-2012*********************









 

2 comments:

  1. I like this post, the photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday snowed so heavy. Most of the faces covered by snow flakes... ><"

      Delete