Saturday, April 21, 2012

4 little Scientist Inventing Chocolate Milk Muffin

It was a very special day for us in this foreign land – friends visit. Tze Herng was our special guess of the day. 4 kids at home to make this happy baking with friend!
Mummy : “Dear boys, can you all select what cake you all want to bake today?”
Ethan : “This one…”
Tze Herng : “这个很特别,这比较美丽。。。
Ethan : “I want cookies… gingerbreadman.”
Emmanuel standing a side and biting his finger. Egracia laying on her cradle.

Bla bla bla…  They just couldn’t to agree which one to make. Due to the ad hoc event, I also puzzled which one to make for them too.  I was worrying; at last I decided to make the simple yet a fast one - Chocolate milky muffin. I hope they like chocolate, I hope they know the steps, I hope they enjoy the cracking egg, I hope they feel the soft flour, I hope they can count the chocolate and muffin. Here the story began.

Emmanuel, I always worry he will mess up the thing. But today he impressed me a lot. He able to understand more instruction assigned to him. Therefore based on his interest, he got  to mix and stir. So he really concentrating in holding the bowl and mixing the ingredients.  The 2 big boys in charging copy down recipe and measuring part. Tze Herng was the first one copied the ingredients required. While waiting Ethan to finish, in front of him was the pens, cakes cup and rubber bend, so his imagination started. Kids are really full with imagination and creativities. I enjoy seeing him tie the thing together and creating his own story. Suddenly he run around the house with full of joy. J Ethan try to copy down the recipe but when he saw Tze Herng running around the house, he kept calling him back to the table and kept emind Tze Herng to wait for next instruction. I was wondering, since when this Ethan is so following the so call “rules”. These few days, Ethan seems behave different with his friends arrival. He sit still during meals time and finishing it, dressed up faster than usual too. A bonus to me huh…
Somehow Ethan can’t get Tze Herng back to position, so Ethan also running around with Tze Herng and started to throw the angry bird soft toy. Pig fight was kick started. This was the perfect interval, so I can buy time to prepare the material. Finally Ethan finished copying.
Mummy : “So how much flour we need?”
Ethan the first one who answered, “65!”
Mummy: “hmmm.. it should be 100g…”
Mummy : “How many egg we required, Tze Herng?” He remained silent. So I asked again…
Tze Herng : “我不用看了,我知道是1粒蛋
Ethan : “我去拿”.

Tze Herng : “为什么全部东西参在一起,就那么好吃.” “诗思阿姨,如果你要吃,你可以吃我这个”.  He also said “如果你们觉得这里有点冷,你们就回去吧!如果不冷的话,你们就留下来。I feel so touch; feel like crying when I heard so. Just merely an almost 5 years old boy can be so thoughtful and loving. I believe his parent done a very good job to grow him daily. Execute child rearing definitely not an easy task to do.  Indeed, he really has a very good mother and father. Their visiting in this foreign land, opened up another topic for us to learn and catching up.
























Throughout the process, the kids help me to understand, each of us having different ability and different capability. All those differences are the gift from God to make us unique. I only running 1 day 4 kids day care, I feel so challenging to cater the unique needs they required. I am wondering if there are 40 students in a class, can the teacher really provide the attention to grow the little learner. Different children definitely will have different learning pace. I hope along their growing path, they could meet a true counselor enlighten their life and they can found their purpose of life too.

3 comments:

  1. It's glad to see your posting again! Feel kinda loss when no updates from you for the past whole week.
    It's the perfect timing, though Herng didn't turn up for the Hakone-Fuji trip, but you have realized the initial plan for the baking fun!
    Great job, Sze Sze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Herng really enjoy it. Flying all over from Malaysia to Japan suppose to tour arond, but end up baking at home. I hope I really giving help but not disturbing you all earlier plan to Hakone.

      Delete
    2. Of course you are giving a helping hand, you shouldn't doubt that!
      And as a mother, I think you will have no problem tell if the kid is happy, right? :)
      One more request, please continue writing your blog, as I am so eager to know how are you all getting on day by day, ok? :)

      Delete